Finding the right products for your skin can be a difficult journey. The search can be costly and frustrating when treatments don’t yield the results you’re looking for. When your acne still hasn’t disappeared or wrinkles haven’t faded, your first option might be an appointment with your dermatologist. But that alone can break the bank and be difficult to schedule.
Uptown Medical Wellness & Anti-Aging Center is here to offer some of the most effective at-home skin products to address problematic skin. From fine lines to acne-prone skin, Glytone products have yielded great results for people with skin issues.
What is Glycolic Acid?
Perhaps you’ve heard the term “glycolic acid.” You may have read it in your face cream’s ingredient list or maybe you saw something about it in a magazine. The word acid may scare you but it’s not harmful to your skin in any way. Glycolic acid is an alpha-hydroxy acid derived from cane sugar. Its microscopic size allows it to yield smoother and healthier skin.
Honor Band 6: the fitness tracker will receive two major updates a year after its release – NotebookCheck.it News half life of testosterone cypionate fitness anal babe vintage movies
Glycolic acid is commonly used by dermatologists and has been proven to help rejuvenate skin by removing dead skin cells and sparking the growth of new skin and collagen. Products that contain a sufficient amount of acid dissolve and break down sebum, an oily secretion produced by the skin, but does it really work?
Ranella Hirsch, assistant clinical professor of dermatology at Boston University School of Medicine told Elle Magazine that acids work by ridding the skin of the upper layer of cells to trigger reparation.
“There’s a reason glycolic is the acid used the most in anti-aging products and doctor’s-office peels,” said Hirsch. “It does the job.”
Glytone products were first developed in 1943. When free glycolic acid’s benefits were realized, the Glytone brand was created. Products were launched in 1998 and acquired by Pierre Fabre, a wellness company, in 2002. Glytone products can come in the form of facial creams, acne treatments, gel washes, sunscreens, shaving creams, nail and cuticle cream, elbow cream and firming eye gel.
Glytone products treat several different types of skin problems such as:
- Skin roughness – The Glytone Body Lotion helps skin become soft and silky with 17.5% free glycolic acid.
- Acne prone skin – The Glytone Acne Treatment Kit works to prevent and eliminate acne on the face, chest or back. It helps control acne breakouts and maintains a healthy skin appearance.
- Discoloration – An overproduction of melanin can cause a condition called hyperpigmentation. This results in a discoloration of the skin. Glytone’s Clarifying Systems is an at-home treatment that evens your skin tone.
- Fine lines/wrinkles – Glytone peels can decrease the appearance of wrinkles, small scars and fine lines.
- Keratosis pilaris – The Glytone Body Lotion also treats keratosis pilaris, a common skin condition in the form of red bumps in the arms, thighs, cheeks and buttocks.
Uptown Wants to Help You Look Great
Trying to treat your problematic skin doesn’t have to involve lengthy trips to the dermatologist, which can break the bank. Uptown Medical Wellness & Anti-Aging Center in McAllen has the right products for everyday use. Call us to schedule a consultation with our staff and reap the benefits of Glytone products to get that healthy glow you’ve always wanted.