If you’ve ever struggled with your weight, you’ve probably searched high and low for a cheat code to quickly lose weight. While losing weight can be a struggle, knowing your body’s composition can help you know which areas to target and how.
You can learn this information by completing a DEXA Scan.
Find the not-so-secret method to cheat weight loss through our weight loss solutions and learn how you can work towards targeting tricky fat.
What Is the DEXA Scan?
DEXA stands for Dual-Energy X-Ray Absorptiometry. It’s a quick, non-invasive method to scan your entire body and measure soft tissue and bone density. The results of this scan are used to help you with targeted weight loss.
How Does the DEXA Scan Help You Lose Weight?
Sometimes an individual can be considered overweight, although, in reality, they may just have a lot of muscle mass. The DEXA Scan helps you lose weight by measuring exactly where and how much fat you have.
Depending on the results of the DEXA Scan, it can also warn you of an increased risk of diseases including diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, stroke, and certain cancers.
The scan lets you know if you need to make changes to your lifestyle, where you need to lose weight, improve your health, and how to reduce the risk of these diseases.
What To Expect During Your DEXA Scan
When it comes to the unknown, sometimes we can be a little nervous about getting a procedure done. But knowing what to expect can help you stay calm throughout the entire DEXA Scan.
For the DEXA Scan, you’ll be asked to lie down on a table. The scanner will then slowly pass over your entire body, which usually takes about 20 minutes to complete.
Results are available immediately after.
The DEXA Scan results will tell you many things about your body’s composition, including:
- Body fat roadmap — This tells you where the fat lies in your body.
- Skeletal muscle mass — Muscle mass acts like a metabolic regulator and controls storing nutrients, breathing, and posture.
- Body mass index (BMI) — After analyzing your body, the DEXA Scan can give you a rough estimate of your body’s size-to-fat ratio.
- Resting metabolic rate — The number of calories you eat every day can affect your weight loss journey. But with the DEXA Scan, you’ll learn how much your body actually needs.
- Bone mineral count (BMC) — Some people who are trying to lose weight may be at risk of losing too much bone density. This BMC shows how your bone density levels are doing.
- Body fat percentage — This result lets you know how much fat you have stored in your body. If this is high, it puts you at risk for heart disease, gallstones, sleep apnea, and high blood pressure.
- Total visceral adipose tissue — We all need hormones, but when those hormone levels are off, it can affect our weight. This result lets you know if you have excess visceral adipose tissue which can lead to obesity.
5 Reasons Why We Love Using the DEXA Scan for Weight Loss!
Losing weight can be hard, but getting the information you need to know about your body’s makeup is easy. We love getting to help you with your weight loss goals by using this quick body fat scan.
- The DEXA Scan is quick and non-invasive.
- The results are more precise than other weight loss calculations.
- This body fat scanner is FDA-approved.
- DEXA results can help you build a targeted weight loss goal.
- The scan results help you know how you can prevent diseases.
Don’t let body fat stop you from reaching your goals. Love the DEXA Scan as much as we do by getting results that can help you change your life.
Get Started On Your Weight Loss Journey With the DEXA Scan at Uptown Medical Wellness!
Excess weight makes it harder for your body to function as well as it could. And too much body fat puts you at risk for diseases and can stop you from enjoying other things in life.
At Uptown Medical Wellness, you can learn about your body’s composition quickly, learn weight loss solutions, and get your weight loss goals on track. Change your future with our experienced team by your side by getting a quick DEXA Scan today.